Any life left here?

UnrealUO player discussion board. Arrange in-game meetings, trading, or other UO related events.
Eastwood

Any life left here?

Postby Eastwood » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:39 pm

I noticed there are a lot of characters on the server,

Does a single person, or admin still play?

AdminDupre

Re: Any life left here?

Postby AdminDupre » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:59 pm

There is a handful who wander in and out.

Eastwood

Postby Eastwood » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Cool,

Maybe I'll wander in one of these days. I love UO freeshards and this seems like a cool place to have all the spawn to myself, sometimes I don't mind playing UO as a single player game.

Where can I get more information on the workings of this server, for example skill gain, anti macro code, etc?

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Mostly it's based on early to mid-1999 UO.

Eastwood

Postby Eastwood » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 pm

I know the era well.

Played OSI from late 97-to T2A. I was looking at the old change logs for the server.

I noticed the skill cap is 700 now? Ok, I thought that extra 40 originally would have been fun for a utility skill.

I noticed that telekinesis does not work on 4+ treasure chests? This seems a little annoying considering we will likely be tackling these solo and this server only supports 1 account right? Click BOOM, on an island no less, sounds like fun.

How do BODs work? I think it would be fun to play a crafter here, never done BOD system before. I went to a smith and tailor vendor saying "vendor BOD" but nothing happened.

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 pm

The PvP'ers complained about the extra skill points so we set the cap back down.

When going over the devel logs from OSI I noticed that it was intended to not allow telekinesis on the higher level treasure chests so we implemented that here. You can always try to connect with people through the forums to do treasure hunts. There are some out there with some lockpicking and trap removal skill. At least skill gains aren't quite as difficult as it was during that era and you won't get stuck for days without any gains like you could on OSI shards back then.

BODs are awarded randomly (after a minimum time period since your last BOD) by NPCs when you sell items to them. To improve your chances of getting a BOD sell items one at a time. The system works the same as it did on OSI so you can look up info there, except that many of the OSI rewards are not offered here, including power scrolls, stat scrolls, and various items.

Eastwood

Postby Eastwood » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:13 am

I noticed last night that another players was online but he didn't seem to be active on the forums,

What are the chances of a cross shard communication message like the guild chat feature?

Panther

Postby Panther » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 pm

We occasionally hang around Trinsic and Delucia.

Eastwood

Postby Eastwood » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 am

I'd love to find you guys,

I check the server status often and It's rare to see anyone online. I'll keep an eye open, is there any vendors on the server? I'm trying to get started and it's rough not having any spells above 3rd circle, or potion kegs to use when I eventually raise alchemy.

It seems like I may have to build complete from scratch, which is an interesting challenge

Panther

Postby Panther » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:44 am

Seek ye Trinsic.

brrm

Postby brrm » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:35 am

well my 3 siblings and I will be joining on soon. so far i've liked what i've seen on this shard. :) missed the old Identification systems and the gm stuff.

Eastwood

Postby Eastwood » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:02 pm

I hope to see you guys soon.

Make sure we all stay on touch on the forums so we can link up.

Return to “UO Discussion”