Elementals from a gargoyle Pickaxe

Report and discuss bugs here.
Matt

Elementals from a gargoyle Pickaxe

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Are we supposed to get elementals when we use the Gargoyle's Pickaxe? Using a miner with 96.7 mining and a prospector's tool and Gargoyle's pickaxe, we weren't able to get any elementals to spawn.

On a separate. but related topic, the miner got the message that the Prospector's tool upgraded a Verite vein to valorite, and he was unable to get any valorite for the vien. Just Iron ore.

AdminDupre

Re: Elementals from a gargoyle Pickaxe

Postby AdminDupre » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 pm

What sort of vein were you using the gargoyle's pickaxe on and what's your base skill?

Matt

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Looks like the base was either 95.9 or 96. The miner got a gain immediately after, so I'm not sure which.

We tried a Verite vein with the Gargoyle's Pickaxe and prospector's tools. The miner got the message that the Prospector's tools changed the vein. He tried a couple more swings and only got iron ore. Then he passed the tool back to me and tried mining it out with just the gargoyle's pickaxe and only got more iron ore. We moved onto a different Verite vein and used just the gargoyle's pickaxe on it. We again just got iron ore, and no elementals.

After the two Verite veins we triad an agapite vein with just the gargoyle's pickaxe to try for a verite elemental. We got verite, just no elemental. The we tried it with a golden ore vein with both the tool and the pickaxe and just got verite with no elemental again.

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:13 pm

We've tested the prospector's tool and gargoyle's pickaxe and everything seems to be working normally. Getting colored ore out of a vein is random, so if all you got out of a verite vein was iron ore, you just didn't try enough times. Ore elementals are likewise random and have a chance of appearing upon digging a colored ore. Since you point out that you received verite ore at a golden vein, this shows both the gargoyle's pickaxe and prospector's tools are working. It's possible for a gargoyle's pickaxe to wear out without ever encountering an ore elemental.

Matt

Postby Matt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:14 am

Okay, thanks for the info.

Sarim

Postby Sarim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:18 am

It's possible for a gargoyle's pickaxe to wear out without ever encountering an ore elemental.
Player here.

I can attest to this. I use gargoyle pickaxe's all the time and sometimes I'll get two elementals in one vein, sometimes none at all.

Return to “UO Bug Reports”