NPC Guild

Report and discuss bugs here.
William

NPC Guild

Postby William » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:19 am

When attempting to purchase food from an NPC tavern keeper I was told I'd get a discount for being in the guild. Now firstly I don't remember ever joining an NPC guild and secondly I don't know how to get into a tavern-related NPC guild without food-related skills, which I had none. Right after this the game crashed; literally 10 minutes prior to this post.

AdminDupre

Re: NPC Guild

Postby AdminDupre » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:49 am

NPCs do not have any skill requirements for you to join their guilds, only that you request to join and pay their membership fee (however, you can only be a member of one NPC guild at any given time). They certainly shouldn't be enrolling people into their guilds automatically. I will look into this.

I gather you mean that the client crashed? The server has been up and running since the automatic restart at 3:30 am.

William

Postby William » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:34 am

NPCs do not have any skill requirements for you to join their guilds, only that you request to join and pay their membership fee (however, you can only be a member of one NPC guild at any given time). They certainly shouldn't be enrolling people into their guilds automatically. I will look into this.

I gather you mean that the client crashed? The server has been up and running since the automatic restart at 3:30 am.
Yes, my client crashed and I thought it was the server at the time because when trying to relog myself in I was stuck at the "connecting" gump.

I thought a minimum of 60 skill and 40(?) hours of gametime required to join an NPC guild; maybe that was just the thief guild.

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:35 am

Yes, only the thieves are picky. The rest just want your money. Since you apparently became a member without paying, the merchant guilds have asked me to look into this serious matter.

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:40 pm

NPCs that do not have merchant guilds will no longer discount their goods to players who are not a member of a merchant guild.

Return to “UO Bug Reports”