Postby William » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 pm

- pixie spawn south of Trinsic
- pet bonding
- deadwood? (reaper loot) - unsure of the era
- sand vortex? (near City of the Dead) unsure of the era
- orc brute/bomber spawn at Cove

also:
- lich corpses read "a liche's corpse"
- there seems to be a kind of "show all names" effect when paralyze is casted on me. This doesn't seem to affect gameplay I just found it strange. *EDIT* It seems to happen most often when I'm attempting to move when paralyzed then become free to move again. *EDIT again* This occurs anytime I get "stuck" while moving (usually due to lag).
- I couldn't enter Khaldun dungeon at all
- boat tillermen used to say things multiple times and oftentimes were wrong but this seems to have magically been fixed because my tillerman is acting normally now.

William

Re: AoS features etc.

Postby William » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:49 am

At the orc fort by Cove the server crashed twice when I ran through the northern entrance travelling towards the southeast side. I say the server crashed because a "connection lost" gump popped up and I caught a glimpse of the message "The server has crashed" in yellow text however I could log on immediately afterwards where I was reverted back in time perhaps 20-30 minutes prior. I checked my journal and confirmed the yellow text "The server has crashed."

*EDIT* Times of each crash are approximately 1:09 a.m. and 3:32 a.m. EST of March 5th.
*EDIT* A third crash occurred at 4:01 a.m. I was on a ship this time but in the same relative area of the fort.

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 am

Thank you - looking into the crashes right now. It's been years since we've had a server crash.

Problem taken care of. As for the other issues:
  • Yes, those evil pixies are hanging around in a couple of places.
  • Pet bonding, control slots, and pet transfer skill requirements are in use.
  • Reapers do give deadwood now, but there may still be a few old reapers that lack their deadwood.
  • It may have been an efreet that spawned near the City of the Dead originally, but a sand vortex makes more sense.
  • The orcs have deployed their tougher units at some of their locations.
  • Both lich and liche are correct spellings, and such inconsistencies did exist on OSI shards.
  • I haven't experienced this "show all names" effect you describe. What client version are you using. Are you running Razor or anything else? What show all names options do you have enabled (client or Razor, etc.)?
  • Khaldun? Doesn't exist. Although, I'm not ruling out something taking up residence there sometime in the future.
  • Tillermen need to get off the boat more often.

William

Postby William » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:06 am

The "all names" thing occurs whenever I happen to be attempting to run while I'm stuck and suddenly am able to move. I think it is related to my client however I didn't know for sure so I posted it.

I can also see the Minax faction fortress on my radar/map (north of Destard). When I try to run down the dirt path I get bounced back like a rubberband.

Are there any post-T2A features or unique features that will be kept permanently or should we just report any inconsistencies that we come across? I'm not sure which features are intentional.

Sarim

Postby Sarim » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:31 pm

I can also see the Minax faction fortress on my radar/map (north of Destard). When I try to run down the dirt path I get bounced back like a rubberband.

Are there any post-T2A features or unique features that will be kept permanently or should we just report any inconsistencies that we come across? I'm not sure which features are intentional.
Hi William,

All of those issues should be fixed by downgrading to the correct client version 5.0.2g... I run this client (through wine on Ubuntu) and have none of the issues you described.

Give that a try and see what happens.

By the way, welcome to UnrealUO.
Sarim

Return to “UO Bug Reports”