Dungeon Respawn

A forum for suggestions and ideas on how to improve the shard.
Sarim

Dungeon Respawn

Postby Sarim » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:51 am

Some of the dungeons (ex: deceit, wrong, shame) feel like they respawn exceptionally fast, often times I clear out a room and before I can move onward, it repopulates... I feel like slowing this respawn down a bit would increase playability, by allowing the dungeon to be explored without blocking off your exit. Of course, work your way too deep and you should have to fight your way out anyway =)

-shrug- Just a thought...

AdminDupre

Re: Dungeon Respawn

Postby AdminDupre » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:16 pm

We'll look into the dungeon respawn speed, but keep in mind that dungeons are generally for more than one or two people at a time.

Sarim

Postby Sarim » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Dupre,

I realize I posted this some time back, but did you ever get a chance to look into this? The reason I ask is because I still seem to be noticing some anomolies with the spawn rate. It doesn't seem to happen every time, but occasionally, upon killing a monster, it will respawn immediately. I've noticed this at both shame and the cemetary near cove. Also, my brother was in wind and witnessed a demon get guard whacked; it then respawned just out of the guard zone, came towards him to attack, and was killed by the guard again. It once again respawned, but further out.

My Mage often uses blade spirits, could this, perhaps, be why? This might relate to the guards in wind, as perhaps the engine respawns creatures it sees as being killed by NPCs.

Just some observations. Let me k ow what you find.

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:53 am

At least one or two of the dungeon respawns have been adjusted. Some places, such as Wind, have very fast respawn times. It's actually variable, so sometimes the respawn will be nearly instant and other times it could take a minute or so.

Sarim

Postby Sarim » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 am

Thank You Dupre,

I wasn't sure if things were spawning correctly or not, so I thought I'd mention it... Thank you for looking into this. I'll play it out and let you know if I see anything out of the norm.

Once again, thank you sir.

Sarim/Broxen

Return to “UO Shard Suggestions”