The shard isn't saving

Report and discuss bugs here.
William

The shard isn't saving

Postby William » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:36 am

For several days the world hasn't been saving properly and the shard keeps reverting back to a previous date every morning, resulting in lost skills, stats and items.

AdminDupre

Re: The shard isn't saving

Postby AdminDupre » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:11 am

I'm looking into this. What time have you been logging in?

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 am

I'm afraid I've not been able to find any problem with the saves. Please give me some more details, thank you.

William

Postby William » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:10 am

I definitely noticed this from the night of 20 Oct. to the morning of 22 Oct. I had stopped playing after these 2 nights of losing skills. I played late at night (I believe one night starting from 10 or 11 P.M. EST and one night starting maybe 2 A.M. or 3 A.m.) up until 6 A.M. EST. or a little earlier and briefly in the morning hours.

After playing a while I logged out before the final save. I think I logged back on maybe 7:30 A.M. or 8 A.M. however I was not where I had logged out but the location prior to that. I had lost a few skill points and some items. The next night I repeated this and whenever I logged back in I was in a previous location and without all the skill points and items I had gained.

AdminDupre

Postby AdminDupre » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:18 am

I've been monitoring the shard and the saves have been occuring on schedule so far. Please be aware that the shard does a save every night at 3:00 am PDT (GMT -7, returning to PST, GMT -8 on November 1st) after which the shard remains running for half an hour before a restart occurs at 3:30 am. During this half hour window nothing is saved. This duplicates (although with a more predictable time frame) OSI's daily server saves. We used to use this time frame for testing and wars that bore no lasting consequences.

Return to “UO Bug Reports”